2014年3月4日火曜日

Japanese cuisines in Albert Heijin published magazine

When I went to Albert Heijin, super market chain in Netherlands, I took the magazine, allerhande because of curiosity. To know the culture of the country, we better eat food as local people do and learn their language. So, I wanted to learn something very Dutch aside from Stamppot.

However, my expectation sort of ended as disappointing result because variety of food in that magazine are mostly international foods not classical Dutch food.

Well, but it was published for mainly for Dutch, they do not need to learn classical Dutch food in this monthly published free magazine. And in the front page, it says "azie easy". That is why there are many Asian cuisine recipes. I just did not pay much attention to the feature of this month before I brought this home!

Then, I flip its pages all over again. I found Japanese dishes they picked for this magazine interesting. There are four, Yakitori, temaki-zushi, maki-zushi(hand-rolled sushi) and even Nigiri zushi(hand-shaped sushi).

Amazingly, they covered how to use chopsticks!

Yakitori is grilled chicken which is cooked over charcoal with special source. It is usually served in
Japanese style bar and stand. I have never cooked Yakitori in my house. In the presentation of the magazine, Yakitori serves with noodle. I think I will try this combination once I go back to Japan.

One of the well-known or only known (for some people) Japanese food is sushi. So it was no wonder why sushi was introduced there but I have seen the magazine features maki-sushi but not nigiri sushi.

I watched the videos of these dishes on the website, http://www.ah.nl/allerhande/clusterdetail/N-1z13nka/azie.
It is enjoyable that how people prepare our food in different cultural setting.

I realize that Dutch food is not known much in my country! In fact, food about Netherlands my another weblog in Japanese has been browsed by many Japanese. They might be wondering what people here are eating everyday. It might be nice to add one more article to suggest to cook Dutch food in their house?!

maki sushi which my friend made!
Now, while I am experiencing variety of stampot, I am thinking how can I fusion Japanese and Dutch food. I am still exploring this. I heard the cream cheese soaked miso paste is match well with beer. I wish I will find such a miracle combination.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿